Hi, friends. Many thanks to Adrielle for the idea to make this blog, and for her help with setting it up. What I'd do without my technologically inclined friends, I really don't know... Anyway, I thought this might be an easy way to update folks during my stay in the Dominican Republic. I hope you all get a little enjoyment from reading the posts. =)
Well, the countdown has pretty much begun. I leave for Miami on July 3rd, where I'll spend a couple days with my aunt and uncle, and then I fly to Santo Domingo on the 6th.
My family and I went to visit Fr. O'Hara today, a friend of our family who spent 4 years at the Bánica mission. It was fun to hear about his experiences, and he had lots of good advice to share. We also met Pedro, a seminarian from Bánica who is staying with Fr. O'Hara for a few months to learn English. It was a nice visit, and hearing Father's stories made me that much more excited about going down.
Well, the countdown has pretty much begun. I leave for Miami on July 3rd, where I'll spend a couple days with my aunt and uncle, and then I fly to Santo Domingo on the 6th.
My family and I went to visit Fr. O'Hara today, a friend of our family who spent 4 years at the Bánica mission. It was fun to hear about his experiences, and he had lots of good advice to share. We also met Pedro, a seminarian from Bánica who is staying with Fr. O'Hara for a few months to learn English. It was a nice visit, and hearing Father's stories made me that much more excited about going down.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home