Teaching classes in the campos, it's not uncommon for the folks in the class to bring a little gift for the teacher every once in a while. Some of the gifts I've received include eggs, yucca, peanuts, mangos, homemade candy, and corn. Yesterday in Pilón, however, one of the boys in my class (Edi, one of Padre Pedro's younger brothers) gave me the best present ever - a puppy! She's only a month old right now, so I told him to keep her with her mom for at least another month. I don't know yet if I'll actually be able to keep her... Fr. Gee says it would be good for me to have my own dog, to go out to the campos and everywhere with me. So, we'll see. =)

3 Comments:
OH MY GOSH!!!!! you have to take pictures so i can seeeeeee her!!!
Maire,
Keep the dog!!! Especially if its a Chihuahua!!! How r u doing? I hope all is well. I leave for Rome in just a few weeks, so its packing and getting ready . .. I miss you!!! Take care down south!
btw, this is joseph!
Post a Comment
<< Home