Yesterday I had my scariest driving experience to date. Mom, maybe you shouldn't read this. On Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, I have class in two slightly-more-remote campos, Guaroa and Pilón. They're on the same road, Guaroa being further away, so I drive out to Guaroa for class at 3, and then start back, stopping for class in Pilón at 4:30. The road is not too bad, but sometimes gets a little messy during the rainy season. The worst part is a stretch between Pilón and Guaroa - the road runs between a rise up to the left and a drop off to the river on the right, and there's almost always mud. Since it's been raining almost every day for the past two weeks, it was muddier than usual, and there was a mudslide blocking part of the road in one spot. It had been cleared for vehicles to pass, though, so we passed. Sort of. We got stuck halfway through, and the back end of the truck started sliding toward the drop off. Lucky for me, I had a group of boys from Pilón with me, and 30 minutes later we were out of the mud and back on the road to Guaroa. If they hadn't been with me, though, I'd probably still be sitting there.

1 Comments:
that's the part we were always scared of! yikes!! good thing you had the heroes from your favorite campo!! tell them i said thanks for saving you... :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home