Los patronales finished up without a hitch. It was fun while it lasted, but it's nice to get back to normal life.
Speaking of normal life, I thought I'd post a couple pictures of the kids I spend most of my free time with. However, as usual, I'm having problems with this blog, and I could only get one picture to actually show up. So, here it is, and it may be the last picture on here for a while... Most of them are Doña Tagó's grandchildren, except for the two boys in the back (the one sticking out his tongue and the one trying to be cool - I don't know why all the kids here do that, I have so many pictures that would be nice except for the fact that half the people in them are posing as rappers):
That's our house in the background. I have to say, the pink and green is really starting to grow on me...
A few exciting pieces of news - in a couple weeks I'll finally be starting my first campo class, which I'm really looking forward to. Also, I do believe that several of the violins that Mrs. Cotter arranged to have donated to the mission should be arriving next week. That should give us enough instruments to get the little violin school off the ground. And lastly, but most importantly, two troublemakers from the above picture, Odelis and Yunior (the girl all the way to the left and the boy kneeling by the stroller) have signed up for the catechism class to prepare them to receive the sacrament of Baptism next year.
In less exciting news, I'm slowly learning to drive the parish trucks (none of which are automatic = pity my passengers), I saw a live tarantula for the first time the other night (the first one I saw about a month ago was dead), and I ate a boa constrictor. It tasted kind of like chicken, only with a fishy flavor and a little bit chewier.
Speaking of normal life, I thought I'd post a couple pictures of the kids I spend most of my free time with. However, as usual, I'm having problems with this blog, and I could only get one picture to actually show up. So, here it is, and it may be the last picture on here for a while... Most of them are Doña Tagó's grandchildren, except for the two boys in the back (the one sticking out his tongue and the one trying to be cool - I don't know why all the kids here do that, I have so many pictures that would be nice except for the fact that half the people in them are posing as rappers):
That's our house in the background. I have to say, the pink and green is really starting to grow on me...A few exciting pieces of news - in a couple weeks I'll finally be starting my first campo class, which I'm really looking forward to. Also, I do believe that several of the violins that Mrs. Cotter arranged to have donated to the mission should be arriving next week. That should give us enough instruments to get the little violin school off the ground. And lastly, but most importantly, two troublemakers from the above picture, Odelis and Yunior (the girl all the way to the left and the boy kneeling by the stroller) have signed up for the catechism class to prepare them to receive the sacrament of Baptism next year.
In less exciting news, I'm slowly learning to drive the parish trucks (none of which are automatic = pity my passengers), I saw a live tarantula for the first time the other night (the first one I saw about a month ago was dead), and I ate a boa constrictor. It tasted kind of like chicken, only with a fishy flavor and a little bit chewier.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home