Here's a funny story: late Tuesday afternoon I was sitting in the kitchen at the rectory writing some letters when Fr. Gee calls me from outside, so I go outside, and he’s standing in the doorway of the front office, looking in, but I can’t see what’s inside because all the windows are closed, and he says, “Look at this,” like it’s some unbelievable sight, so I come into the office and all my little violin students jump out and say “surprise!” Then three of them play “happy birthday” on the violins. I’m not quite sure how he did it, but Fr. Gee taught them, and they were practicing on Saturdays, while I was away at my campo class. They also gave me this cute little note that they had printed up nice and pretty on the computer. The best part of the note was at the end when it said “from all your students who sometimes don’t listen to you, but who all still love you,” because they really don’t listen to me and when we have group classes it’s all I can do to keep from strangling every last one of them because they never stop bickering with each other. I'm going to have to figure out how Fr. Gee handled them, because they certainly seemed to learn more with him then they ever did with me, and that's not very encouraging when you consider that Fr. Gee doesn't even play the violin.

1 Comments:
That is a great present. I'm glad you had a happy birthday!
Post a Comment
<< Home