Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Advent has been nice and busy so far. The violin students are getting ready for Christmas Eve Mass - they'll be playing Noche de Paz (Silent Night) and Angeles Cantando Están (Angels We Have Heard on High). I'm down to only 5 students now, but they've been working hard and it seems they're in for the long haul. I'd rather have a few really interested students than a bunch of not-so-interested ones.
The Teresitas are rehearsing a salvation history play to perform for some of the old folks in town. This is to practice the works of mercy for this month, visiting the sick and comforting the sorrowful. There's still a lot to pull together - it should be interesting.
My campo classes are in the midst of sacrament preparation - baptisms this month, confirmations next month when the bishop makes his yearly visit, and first communions in June. We've finished the basic catechism class in these campos, and it's been really exciting to build on that by teaching them about the sacraments. At the moment, these campos are not on the monthly Mass calendar because none of the people can receive the Eucharist, but hopefully that will be changing over the next few months. Please keep them in your prayers.
I'm looking forward to a visit from my dad and my brother, Jeremiah! They arrive in Santo Domingo on Thursday, and will be here for a week.
To top off the excitement, it looks like tropical storm Olga will be on top of us this afternoon.
I hope you all are having a blessed Advent.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yay for the violin students!! i wish i could hear them play...and i bet i can guess who the five are. :-)

11:19 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hi Maire! It's Mary Hambleton. :) I found your blog from Michelle's that was linked from the CC Grapevine. :) You sound so happy and like you are doing so much good! I'm proud to be your friend. :)

Here;s my blog: http://thegreatestgiftsofgod.blogspot.com/
Not so interesting as yours ;) but it's nice to have a writing outlet.

I'm so glad I found you. I'll be back!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home