Saturday, February 16, 2008

I went to visit Dani the other day and I found him alone, sitting on the front porch, guarding the house while Mariana and the girls were out. We started talking and the conversation moved from his sisters who all have colds, to twins, to whether or not twins can really curse people who are mean to them, to witches, to his neighbor's grandmother who was in love with a witch, to how God is more powerful than all the witches in the world, to Adam and Eve and original sin, at which point Dani runs to get a children's book that he has that tells the whole story, and he starts to read it to me. When we get to the part where God takes a rib from Adam in order to make Eve, Dani stops, thinks for a moment, and then asks me, "Am I missing a rib?" I said that I didn't think that he was, and he answered that if he was born with original sin, because of what Adam did, than wouldn't he also be born with one less rib if that also happened to Adam and these things were passed on? It's a good question...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home