Monday, February 25, 2008

A new project that we started this year is teaching religion classes in the public schools. Religion is part of their curriculum, but the subject is usually neglected. So we worked out an arrangement with four different campo schoolhouses so that I can go twice a week to teach the class. I'd like to introduce you to my students.
On Mondays and Fridays I teach kids in Guayabal and Hato Viejo - here's the group from Guayabal:

and there's the school in the background:

I have two classes in Hato Viejo. Here's the older bunch:

and the younger bunch:

and the schoolhouse:

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I teach in Rincón Grande Arriba and in Las Cañitas - these are the kids from Rincón Grande:

That's the schoolhouse off in the distance, and the community's chapel on the left:

Here's the younger class in Las Cañitas:

and the older class:

Las Cañitas schoolhouse:

They keep me busy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home